Ingleside’s mission is to ensure that every senior, regardless of their level of income, has an opportunity to live the fullest possible life at his or her highest level of independence.
Ingleside Homes originated from an organization called the Episcopal Church Home Foundation, under the leadership of Bishop J. Brook Moseley. This group operated “The Home for the Aged” located at 1010 N. Broom Street in the Cool Spring area of Wilmington, DE for 14 years.
In the early 1970s, the Episcopal Church Home Foundation merged with a consortium of Episcopalians, Methodists, and Presbyterians who were interested in improving health care for the low-income elderly. This group became Ingleside Homes, Inc., and built Ingleside Retirement Apartments, a 15 story high rise, with 208 apartments for the elderly on the property between Franklin and Broom Streets.
Today, Ingleside Homes, Inc. owns and operates Ingleside Retirement Apartments as well as Ingleside Assisted Living, LLC which is located at 1605 North Broom Street, Wilmington, DE, thus continuing the tradition of affordable housing and excellent heathcare for the elderly of the Delaware Valley.